If you’re looking for a super easy last-minute festive treat, then look no further! These Gingerbread Cheesecake truffles are super easy, super quick (if you don’t include the time it takes for them to set in the freezer) and super yummy! Oh and they’re also super kid friendly to make. My lil nephew helped me and it was such a fun afternoon baking together.
A pack of gingersnap biscuits
100g/3 Large Spoons of Cream Cheese
1 Bar Milkybar Chocolate
Icing to Decorate
Alrighty, the first thing you want to do is crush all of the Gingersnap biscuits. We used a food processor to do this, but if you don’t have one, you could pop them in a zip lock bag and use a rolling pin to crush them. You just want to make sure that they’re fine and almost breadcrumb like.
Once the biscuits are crushed, you can transfer them to a bowl. From there, you add three very generous sized tablespoons of cream cheese. The idea here is to create a dough like texture. So you want to make sure that it’s not too wet, otherwise you’ll struggle. Feel with your fingers, as long as the ‘dough’ can stay together, you’ve got the right consistency.
Next, take a small handful of the gingerbread dough, and start rolling it into bite sized balls. Place them on a tray with some baking paper, or onto a dish. Once all the balls have been rolled, pop them in the freezer for an hour to set (orr……30 mins if you’re super keen like we were)
The next step, is to melt the bar of Milkyway chocolate. You can either do this on the stove, or in the microwave depending on your preference. Once melted, you’re going to want to dip each of the gingerbread balls into the white chocolate mixture. We used toothpicks to help us get an even coating. Once the whole ball is dipped, tap it on the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate and then pop it back on your dish. When all the gingerbread truffles are coated in chocolate you have two choices
- If you’ve got sprinkles, you can decorate straight away, and then pop them back in the freezer to set
- If you’re using icing, like we did, first pop them in the freezer to let the chocolate harden, and then re-take them out to decorate
We opted for the icing option, we just had some green and red icing in tubes. Once the chocolate was set, we took the balls out again to decorate them. This was the fun part! You can get super creative with different patterns etc.
And there you have it! Super easy Gingerbread Cheesecake Truffles! Just make sure you keep them in the fridge, because of the cream cheese.
Hope you enjoy them as much as we did!
Gingerbread Cheesecake TrufflesPrint This
- A pack of gingersnap biscuits
- 100g/3 Large Spoons of Cream Cheese
- 1 Bar Milkybar Chocolate
- Icing to Decorate
- Crush the gingerbread biscuits until they┬áare fine like breadcrumbs
- Mix in 3 generous tablespoons of cream cheese. Make sure that when mixed together you have a dough like consistency, not too wet and not too dry
- Roll into bite sized balls, and set in the freezer for 30-60 minutes
- Melt the white chocolate over the stove or in the microwave
- Dip each of the balls into the chocolate until they are evenly coated
- Pop back in the freezer for 20 minutes, or until the chocolate is set
- Once the chocolate is set, you can decorate the truffles with the icing.
- Store in the fridge until your’e ready to serve