Out of the Box Cooking is a segment where I start my cooking creativity halfway. You know when you’re at the shops and you can buy the ‘ready made’ mix of cake, curry, tacos etc etc….. Well that’s a great and perfect foundation for a delicious home cooked meal. So here is a halloween inspired Out of the Box post to get us started!
Don’t worry, they’re not real cockroaches (gross!).
2 boxes of Betty Crocker Milk Chocolate Chunk Cookies
160g (5.5 ounces) butter
Makes 20 cookies
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/356F
2. In a large bowl, stir together the cookie mix, eggs and butter until a soft dough forms. Don’t be afraid to use your hands to really mix the ingredients together
3. Use a heaped tablespoon as a measurement and use your hands to roll balls of dough onto a lined baking tray. Then, using your hands flatten each ball slightly. Make sure that you leave enough room on the tray for the cookies to expand.
4. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until cookies are a golden brown. They harden once they’re out of the oven, so be sure not to over-cook them, unless you really like dry crunchie cookies.
5. Let them cool, and then using black writing icing decorate each cookie as follows:
Let the icing harden and then eat up!
So good, even the little cockroaches wanted a bite :) Love Megs xo