I’ve been wanting to do a chalkboard something for a while now. I’ve had the spray paint sitting in my craft cupboard and decided that I’d make a USA map cheese board for our USA farwell party we had the other day.
This was the one of the most simple DIYs I’ve ever done.
Wooden chopping board
Black chalkboard spray paint
A weight, or double sided tape to hold the paper down
1. find an image of the USA map (or any other shape) that you would like to use
2. trace around it, and cut it out so that you have a stencil
3. lightly sand the wooden chopping board, prime depending on the chalkboard paint you have
4. lay the stencil down, and weight or tape it to avoid leakage. Spray from 15-20cm away
5. let it dry
6. use some chalk to color in the shape and then wipe it off, this will avoid ‘burning’ of writing for the first time
7. Serve up some cheese and crakers and write a quirky message on your chalkboard!